Banning culture part 3... Did I hit the nail on the head again? Yes, I think I did.

"Trust me! You cannot hear it. It is Science!" (from many people in Audio Science Forums)

"Trust me, you cannot hear it. It is based on Science. Do you trust in Science?" This is one of the famous statements amongst the people who are active in the online so-called Audio Science forum....

"Do you trust in Science? If you trust in Science, you cannot hear it" (yet another religious claim in the so-called Audio Science forum)

Audio Science is indeed a very interesting subject. To me, it is a multidisciplinary subject that involves Physics (for hard core science stuffs), Psychology (for human perception, confirmation bias, perception illusion studies, etc.), and Computer Science (for the various computing related aspects in Audio Science). It is very hard to master. Most people would just view it from a single angle (based on their own expertise in a particular area)

With my recent journey in the Audio Science world (via various different Audio Science forums), I found it is very interesting that most people who are active in the Audio Science forum are in fact treating Audio Science as a religion. They trule believe a lot of pseudo science claims in a religious way. The "no stair-step claim" and "perfect music reconstruction" from the Monty's video are the popular ones

My recent discussion on Head-Fi Audio Science forum demonstrates yet another instance of banning culture happening in the so-called Audio Sicence forums on the internet. It proves again that pseudo science and critical thinking cannot co-exist. Here are the part 1 and part 2 proof of banning culture.

The thread I started there about two weeks ago reached 35 pages and then the moderator there just deleted the thread as he felt unease in facing the facts that I brought there. The thread (as shown below) Hope this help you to explain Hi-Res music to your CD friends | Page 35 | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org is no longer available there.

The moderator attempted to threaten me for deleting the threads 3 times as shown below. Why he urged me to delete my article and asked me to pretend it never existed? Did I hit the Nail on the Head with my hammer again? I think so.

Shame? Yes, I feel shame on him.  He cannot face his unease in facing incompatible facts and decide to delete all the works all the people had done for the discussion. 
I feel sorry to see the thread was deleted completely as I spent a lot of efforts to create my every single post there with supporting facts / evidences. Probably I did it too fast and they don't have enough time to digest the facts that are incompatible with their firm beliefs.

Although I am pretty disappointed as I thought the Audio Science forum there would provide a good enviornment for us to discuss various Audio Science topics opening (as I really do have feelings), I am happy to see that I could help to reignite some of the people there with their critical thinking mindset.

Some people there seems to wake up and start to make a lot of good questions with their critical mindset. I hope those people can continue to leverage their critical thinking mindset to debunk various pseudo science claims in Audio Science world (especially in the so-called Audio Science forums). 
I bet that is one of the pressing reasons why the moderator there have to delete the thread and our old postings there immediately in order to avoid more people awake from their religious beliefs in Audio Science.
Appendix:

The following was my last reply for the thread.. good bye my thread. You'd helped a few people there. You did a good job already. Bye bye, my good thread. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"The expert in 'the Monty's video' shows clearly Hi-Res is useless; you won't get stair step audio signal output from CD"....Well, let's check together to find out!

768kHz for digital music sampling? Can you hear 384kHz? You're crazy...

You should not hear it! It is your brain fooling you!